The Law of Prevention of Money Laundering takes forward the critical analysis on the subject from its previous edition in light of the judicial developments, including the landmark decision of the Supreme Court in Vijay Madanlal Choudhary v. Union of India & Ors. The authors have attempted to examine in detail the impact of the judgment on the PMLA, especially in light of the differing standard of jurisprudential principles applicable under PMLA and the other criminal statutes in India. In the new edition, a new chapter on the Schedule has also been added.
The chapters in the book are arranged thematically delineating the different aspects of the law against money-laundering. The commentary explains the offence of money-laundering, including its various forms, and key ingredients. The comparative review of the laws in India and other developed jurisdictions including the UK and the USA, along with the reference to the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) Recommendations helps the reader understand the genesis of law in India. The provisions relating to arrest, search, seizure, and adjudication have been discussed in detail, along with the drawbacks that plague the enforcement systems. The book will be useful to law firms, individual practitioners, judges, enforcement agencies, researchers and students of law.
- Money Laundering - The Offence, Mechanisms and the Punishment
- Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002: Genesis and Institutional Framework
- Adjudication and Confiscation
- Obligations of Banking Companies, Financial Institutions and Intermediaries
- Police Powers of the Enforcement Directorate
- Appellate Tribunal
- Special Courts
- Authorities and Their Powers
- Reciprocal Arrangement for Assistance and Procedure for Attachment and Confiscation of Property
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Anti Money-Laundering Norms: Allied Provisions in India & Foreign Jurisdictions
Oakbride's The Law of Prevention of Money Laundering by R. K. Naroola & Udayan Mukerji
- Publisher: OakBridge Publishing Pvt. Ltd.
- Book Code: 9789395764087
- Availability: 10
Tags: Oakbride, Money Laundering, R. K. Naroola, Udayan Mukerji