Money laundering is a serious offence. It is a diverse and often a
complex process. To curb this offence, Prevention of Money Laundering
Act, 2002 (PMLA) was enacted which has now become more prominent due to
its stricter implementation.
Several more economic offences have been added to the list of scheduled
offences under the Act and now the Act has been used as a weapon in the
fight against financial crimes.
The objective of the book is to briefly explain the complex process of money laundering by enumerating the steps involved in money laundering. This book deals with the legal framework for prevention of money- laundering. It not only discusses the methods/techniques adopted by the ‘launderers’ but also the red flags from which such attempts can be discerned. It deals with the law and the effect of allied laws like Benami Property Law and Fugitive Economic Offenders Act, 2018 on PMLA. The matter of bail and arrest provisions are also discussed.
- What is Money Laundering.
- An Overview of the prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002.
- Prevention of Money Laundering(Amendment) Act, 2009.
- Offences, Attachment of Property, Penalties.
- Systems involved in Money Laundering.
- Role of Financial Intelligence Unit
- Bank's Role in Combatting Money Laundering.
- Reporting & Maintenance of Specified Information.
- Identity of Clients & KYC Guidelines.
Xcess Inforstore's Prevention of Money Laundering Legal & Financial Issues
- Publisher: Xcess Inforstore Pvt. Ltd.
- Book Code: 9789384469733
- Availability: 10