Introduction to Labour and Industrial Laws 4e, is specially designed as a
study aid for law students with a clear objective of assisting students
in their examination preparation. The book will also fulfil the
requirement of students pursuing the LL.M. course from various
universities of the country including National Law Schools and for
students pursuing MBA (HR).
- Discusses the concepts of Labour and Industrial Laws in a very systematic manner using simple and lucid language
- Laws are divided into separate chapters covering all aspects and making it easier to comprehend
- Covers all the important amendments in labour laws till 2016
- Covers the latest Supreme Court judgments
- Includes the overview of other labour laws such as The Industries (Development And Regulation) Act, 1951, The Mines Act, 1952, The Collection of Statistics Act, 2008 and The Labour Laws (Exemption from Furnishing Returns and Maintaining Registers by Certain Establishments) Act, 1988
- Part I -The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
- Part II -The Factories Act, 1948
- Part III -The Minimum Wages Act, 1948
- Part IV -The Payment of Wages Act, 1936
- Part V -The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- Part VI -The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- Part VII -The Trade Unions Act, 1926
- Part VIII -The Workmen's Compensation Act, 1923
- Part IX -The Employees' State Insurance Act, 1948
- Part X -The Employees Provident Funds And Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
- Part XI - The Fatal Accidents Act, 1855.
- Part XII - The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946.
- Part XIII - The Maternity Benifit Act, 1961
- Part XIV - The Apprentices Act, 1961.
- Part XV - The Equal Remuneration Act, 1976.
- Part XVI - The Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act, 1986 (61 of 1986).
- Part XVII - The Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970 (37 of 1970).
- Part XVII - Overview of Other Labour Laws
LexisNexis's Introdunction to Labour & Industrial Law by Avtar Singh
- Publisher: LexisNexis
- Book Code: 9789350359396
- Availability: 10