This popular work has been updated with supplement containing the following statutory Amendments: The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019 [Act 35 of 2019]; Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Adaptation of Central Laws) Order, 2020 and Union Territory of Ladakh Reorganisation (Adaptation of Central Laws) Order, 2020.
The present sixth edition of this greatly admired publication on the subject by Prof. S.C. Shastri has been thoroughly revised and updated with all statutory and case law developments.
The new edition includes:
- New chapter on Nuclear Power Plants and the Environment.
- Updated Rules, viz. —Hazardous and Other Wastes (Management and Transboundary Movement) Rules, 2015; —Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016; —Construction and Demolition Waste Management Rules, 2016; —Bio-Medical Waste Management Rules, 2016 and the new Act i.e. Compensatory Afforestation Fund Act, 2016.
The author has discussed the distinctive shift in the approach of the courts to achieve the goal of environmental justice i.e. from anthropocentric approach to eco-centric approach. The focus of the courts has shifted from humans to the protection and preservation of ecology or the present species of flora and fauna, as it is necessary for the existence of mankind. The evolving concept of “corporate social responsibility” in relation to environmental justice has also been provided due place in this work.
The book will prove to be immensely useful to students of LL B and LL M, researchers, administrators, academicians, judges, advocates and NGOs. The book will definitely be a prized collection for any library.
- 1. Ancient Indian Environmental Ethics
- 2. Pollution: Causes and Kinds
- 3. Need for Environmental Law: An Indian Perspective
- 4. The Indian Constitution and Environment Protection
- 5. Environmental Pollution and Control Under Other Laws
- 6. The Environment (Protection) Act, 1986
- 7. Law Relating to Hazardous Wastes Management: An Indian Profile
- 8. Noise Pollution, Public Health and Protection
- 9. Water Pollution and the Law
- 10. Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981
- 11. Forest and Conservation Laws
- 12. Wildlife Protection and the Law
- 13. Coastal Zone Management in India
- 14. International Environmental Law
- 1. Some Important Pronouncements
- 2. National Environment Policy, 2006
- 3. Towards a Greener Tomorrow
Eastern Book Company's Environmental Law For LL.B & LL.M by S. C. Shastri
- Publisher: Eastern Book Company [EBC]
- Book Code: 9789389656152
- Availability: 10