D D Basu Introduction to the Constitution of India is a pioneering
work, catering to the needs of anyone who wants to study the origin and
development of the Constitution of India. It meets the requirements of
universities for the LL.B., LL.M., B.A. and M.A. (Political Science)
courses as well as competitive examinations held by the Union and State
Public Service Commissions. Recent amendments to the Constitution up to
the 102nd Constitutional Amendment Act, 2018 and notable judgements of
the Supreme Court and High Courts have been incorporated.
- The book offers a systematic exposition of the Constitutional document arranged under logical chapters and headings.
- It traces the constitutional history of India since the Government of India Act, 1935; analyses the provisions of the present Constitution; and explains the interrelation between its diverse contents.
- Gives an account of the working of each of the provisions of the Constitution during its first decade, with reference to statutes and decisions wherever necessary, together with a critical estimate of its trends
- Analytical table of contents, marginal notes, index, and reference tables further aid understanding
- Serves as an introductory study on the Constitution for general readers, politicians journalists, statesmen and administrative authorities, as well as students and Public Service Commission and other competitive examinations aspirants
LexisNexis Introdunction to the Constitution of India by Dr. Durga Das Basu
- Publisher: LexisNexis
- Book Code: 9789386515728
- Availability: 10