Jigeesha’s Indian and World Geography is a comprehensive book designed for Civil Services aspirants preparing for the preliminary examination. The text is divided into three parts—World Geography, Indian Geography and Question Bank. World Geography covers topics such as geomorphology, climatology and human geography. Indian Geography covers the geological structure and physiographic features of India, and various other aspects such as climate, soil, agriculture, industries, mineral resources and natural vegetation. Finally, the Question Bank provides questions based on the original question pattern along with the answer keys. Beginning with the basics and progressing in a step-by-step manner, all topics are handled in a comprehensive manner. This will allow the reader ample opportunity to grasp the concepts and practise applicative techniques in a focused manner. The book is a complete course in specific topics, and will help aspirants prepare for any changes in format, or in question types, in the actual examination.
- Provides information in easy to assimilate forms such as bulleted lists, tables and charts.
- Supports concepts such as the solar system, structure of the earth, the planetary wind system, the distribution of volcanoes and currents of various oceans, with illustrations and images
- Features maps to represent information such as the forest cover in India, geothermal provinces, coal fields, types of soil and monsoon winds
- Includes a bank of geography questions based on the original examination pattern
- Includes original questions on geography from previous examinations
- Original questions of the year 2016
- Fine-tuned according to the latest pattern of the examination
- Provides a new chapter on continents and their features
LexisNexis Jigeesha's Indian & World Geography for Civil Services Preliminary Examination
- Publisher: LexisNexis
- Book Code: 9789350359280
- Availability: 30